History

Located in beautiful Frederick County, just outside of the City of Frederick on the east side of the Monocacy river, is our company, Eddie Mercer Agri-Services, Inc.  We are a family business that first started as a small dairy farm, originally by Helen L. and the late G. Wilson Mercer, and has grown into a full-service fertilizer, chemical, grain, seed and ice melter facility.

 

In 1976 the farm was purchased and operated by their son, C. Edward Mercer and his wife, Belva.  In addition to milking cows and cropping his ground, he began to sell disk harrows to local farmers, as well as harvest his own crops and combining and hauling grain for others.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The business grew through the years, becoming incorporated in 1978.  The dairy business was eventually phased out, and agri-services were put into full production.  In 1990, a seed cleaner and bagger were installed.  By 1993, a bagger facility was added to the operation.  In more recent years, additional warehouse space has been added as well as numerous grain bins to accomodate increased production.  In 2000, our name changed to "Eddie Mercer Agri-Services, Inc.", which better suited our business.

 

Eddie Mercer Agri-Services, Inc. employs approximately 30 people.  Our company is designed to service our local farmers, as well as a myriad of landscapers and designers who utilize our blends of fertilizers, seeds, and general expertise in their daily business.  We work with customers in Frederick, Montgomery, Carroll, Howard and Washington counties, as well as neighboring Virginia, West Virginia and occasionally Pennsylvania.

 

 

We are a family run business.  Our philosophy is

"Be absolutely persistent in all attitudes regarding quality and safety, while providing the highest level of customer service."

1/1
1/1
1/1
1/1
1/1

6900 Linganore Road

Frederick, MD 21701

Phone     (301) 663-4678

Toll-Free  (800) 732-1545

  • Wix Google+ page

© 2015 Eddie Mercer Agri-Services, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

Images & Content may not be used without permission.